As one of the world’s leading providers of products and services in the optical industry, the ZEISS Vision Care strategic business unit combines ophthalmic expertise and solutions with a worldclass, international and well-established brand.
Quality tests are essential tools in the ZEISS Organisation not only for manufacturing but also for research and development, benchmarking and troubleshooting processes. The laboratory in Aalen, Germany is accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standards. The following tests are within the scope of the accreditation and therefore promote a well structured, standardised internal process landscape and more importantly, reliable test results. More tests can be done on request.
The Bayer test is used to measure the scratch resistance (Surface hardness) of spectacle lenses.
When exposed to heat our lenses and coatings expand and contract, causing a range of potential defects which could affect the optical quality of the lenses. This test is designed to assess the resistance of Anti-Reflective coated lenses to crazing due to exposure from dry heat.
The Antistatic test is used to check whether the spectacle lens can be charged. The lens is cleaned with a cloth and held over small lint. If the lint moves, the spectacle lens is statically charge and not acceptable under ZEISS Standards.
Ophthalmic lens testing
- Product Performance
- Regulatory testing according to various international standards
- Material and coating durability
- Mechanical stress imitation
- Life cycle simulation
- Chemical durability
- Surface properties
- Spectral properties
- Design & power values
- Solutions adapted to environmental conditions
- Individualised solutions
Lab testing of spectacle frames according to DIN EN ISO 12870
- Dimensional stability
- Resistance to perspiration
- Resistance to ignition (fl ammability)
- Bridge deformation
- Resistance to optical radiation
Training for ophthalmic testing
- Laboratory management training in preparation for DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Training for ophthalmic lens testing
Specialised additional services
- Participation in round robin tests
- Ballistics test as part of eye and face protection standards
- Various optical product tests, e.g. lens wipes
- Benchmarking in all categories
- Internal audit according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.